In response to the Faculty Senate’s charge, we present for your consideration three separate proposals dealing with restructuring of the Kettering University faculty governance system.
This is Part Two: Bylaw Revisions. In this part, we propose changes to the Faculty Senate Bylaws. Such changes must be approved by both a two-thirds majority of those voting (with notice) at a Faculty Senate meeting. These changes do not require a Faculty-wide vote.
The proposed changes contained in this proposal accomplish the following tasks:
- Defining the manner in which members of Representative Faculty and General Faculty Committees are elected.
- Removing the definitions of all old Senate committees.
- Removing the definition of ad-hoc Senate committees, while retaining the definition of task forces. (The distinction between the two forms seems minor; one should suffice.)
- Creating a section for the definition of new Senate committees (of both forms).
- Correcting other minor errors.
Huggins, James and Hassold, Gregory N., "Faculty Senate reorganization: Bylaw Changes" (2007). Constitution. 6.