When the institute grew, it moved from it's first home in the YMCA to the Copeman Building. While that building was raised in 1920 to make room for a bank, the Institute held classes in the old St. Michael's school on Chippewa Street (pictured). It moved back to the Second and North Saginaw in 1923 to the Industrial Bank Building (Scharchburg 6). St. Michael parochial school occupied by GMI from 1921 to 1923.
Photos © 2019 Kettering University. All rights reserved. For printing rights and/or access to non-watermarked copies, please contact University Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Michael's school